Web designers use their creative and design skills to design, build and improve on websites. They understand user experience/user interaction and can build websites that are easy to understand, navigate, and use, and adhere to design standards and specifications.
They design visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding for clients. Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps and wireframes. Incorporating functionalities and features into websites. Designing sample pages including colours and fonts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conceptualizing creative ideas with clients
- Testing and improving the design of the website
- Establishing design guidelines, standards, and best practices
- Maintaining the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding for clients
- Working with different content management systems
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps, and wireframes
- Incorporating functionalities and features into websites
- Designing sample pages including colours and fonts
- Preparing design plans and presenting the website structure.
Skills & Competencies
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools and wireframing tools like Figma etc
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Excellent visual design skills Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Creative and open to new ideas
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques Excellent communication skills
Certificate course in Graphic design or Diploma in Web/Graphic Design
- A proven track record, and relevant experience such as a previous role as a Web Designer Associate
- Minimum 01 year of relevant experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) & wireframing tool like Figma.
- Portfolio of strong creative work.
At par with industry standards